Beans Parupu Usiyal

When I first read it I thought it would be messy and cumbersome process but then thanks to my friends who tried this recipe before me... atleast I got the courage to go ahead. Sorry that I thought it would b messy actually it was super easy and just little oil used for tadka. What a healthy meal ! 
I could have never imagined this combination of beans and dal. So relishing and fresh taste. Steaming the lentils adds to the flavour. That crunchiness is just awesum. Originally recipe is of Chitra di who is an expert south indian cook and following her recipe is no doubt going to rock my home. Yes it did, the dish was welcomed and finished there and then. 😋



BEANS PARUPU USIYAL( serves 3)
Ingredients

Toor dal/arhar dal 1 medium cup
Beans finely chopped 20 nos
Saboot res chilli 3 nos
Mustard seeds 1/4 tea spoon
Hing less than 1/4 tea spoon
Turmeric powder 1/4 tea spoon
Urad dal 1 tea spoon
Oil 1 table spoon
Curry leaves 10 nos
Salt as per taste.
Grated coconut 5_6 tbsp

Method
Soak toor dal for two hours.
Now drain excess water and grind it with red chilli and little salt required for dal into a rough paste.
Grease the idli plate and steam the grinded paste for fifteen minutes in medium flame.
Take out the steamed idlis and keep it to cool down.
Grate it with bigger side of the grater.

Now boil the chopped beans with little salt and water. (I microwaved for 8 mins)
Drain out excess water.

Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds,hing and urad dal
When its golden brown add grated idlis,boiled beans , grated coconut and curry leaves.
Mix well and Cook for 5-8 minutes in low flame.

Beans Parupu Usiyal is ready. 😉😋😊

Comments

  1. This is my favorite beans recipe now ! Super share darling. Lovely color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And you know what we are in love 😂😂😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Instant choco kullfi

Red Energy Drink - Beetroot Pomegranate Apple Juice

Mango Frozen Yogurt