Oats Handvo

There's nothing quite as fulfilling as waking up to a bowl full of steaming hot oats. Not only are they considerably low in calories and great for weight management, but can also help combat lifestyle diseases like breast cancer, type-2 diabetes, heart diseases and blood pressure.
One of my gujrati friend taught me a regular handvo made up of semolina. I liked it but then the idea of mixing oats came to my mind. I knew the result wont disappoint me but it would be so amazing was unexpected. 
My oats handvo recipe is now my signature recipe. Lolz.




Recipe

Suji 3/4  cup
Oats 3/4 cup
Curd :1/2 cup
Water: 1.5 cup approx.
Fine chopped veg _ i used pre blanched carrots, capsicum, corns, beans  ½ cup.
Baking soda one big pinch.
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Dry red chilly: 2 cut in small pieces
Green chilly: 2 slit them fine
Curry leaves: 4,5
Salt to taste
Oil: 3 tsp
Instructions
In a bowl mix together sooji, oats, veg, curd, red chilly pwdr and salt in water.
Keep it aside for 15_20 mins.

Now adjust water and make a thick batter ( like idli batter).

Mix the batter thoroughly. Mix soda when u r ready to temper.

Heat the pan at medium heat and add oil.
Now add mustard seeds, curry leaves, dry red chilly, slit green chilly.
Now pour the batter into the pan.
Spread it evenly and cover the pan.
Cook it for 5-6 minutes on medium flame.chk with a toothpick or knife if the dhokla is done.
Now reduce the heat to low, flip the dhokla and cook it for another 2 minutes.
Now open the pan and check if it is done completely.
Now switch off the heat and transfer the dhokla in the serving plate. Hot pan dhokla is ready.

Notes

I used non roasted suji n oats powder.
2. The veggies I used were pre blanched but we can put without blanching it to keep it crunchy.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chana Dal Oats Dhokla

Chana Kebabs

Rice Appam Cake