Summer's delight Mango Ice Cream

When the first Mango I chopped yesterday it was for usual mango milk shake. But my mind was somewhere else. I was reading people posting and enjoying ice creams while I was murmuring why do all delicious things have so many calories !! Then the idea of making a healthy ice cream to treat myself popped up. I was doubtful but went ahead with my thoughts .... yes it was oats again in my mind. Not that I like it so much but I found it perfect to be the main ingredient as it gets sticky and creamy after being cooked. I knew if this worked it will be a wonderful recipe. And yes it did for me and my family has already given me 7 star. Not a single scoop is left in freezer !! It was finished when started. Mission accomplished.

Mangoes are in season and blend of seasonal fruits for ice cream is a great idea. You may try with other fruits as well... I will try soon. You must include fresh and seasonal fruits in daily diet in any form. Best is eaten raw, otherwise can be combined to make smoothies and desserts like the one I made Mango Sheera, Mango Oats Pie


Here's my blend of oats and mango for a wonder recipe of ice cream. Try and find solace yourself and enjoy guiltfree dessert.




Recipe
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients
Oats 3/4 cup
Mango 2_3 big pureed
Sugar few tsp / honey few tsp
Almond meal 1/2 cup finely powdered
Almond meal 1/2 cup durdura powder
Milk 1 cup
Water 1 cup

for garnishing I used followind per bowl
Little almond powder
Ruh afza 2 tsp
Sabja (presoaked for 3 hours) 4 tsp
Chopped mango chunks

Method

In a big pan boil water. Add oats powder and stir for 7-8 mins.

Add milk and keep stirring till it thickens and becomes sticky.qty will be halved and oats batter will b thick like idli batter. Switch off gas n let it cool.

In mixie grind together all _oats batter, mango puree , almond fine powder and sugar / honey.

Take out and keep it to set in freezer for 5 hrs.
After 5 hrs take out. Keep it aside for 10 mins. Break it into smaller chunks and grind in mixie again till smooth. Now add almond durdura powder to it. mix well.And again keep in freezer to set for another 3 hrs.

Your ice cream is ready.
Now lets serve it in bowls. In bowl first put little sabja n 1 tsp ruh afza. Add mango chunks little. Then scoops of ice cream. Again little mango pieces, sabja n 1 tsp ruh afza. Sprinkle little almond powder too.

Our healthy treat is all set to rock !!

Comments

  1. OMG! This is a stunner! Superb recipe. I added oats to my ice cream a few days back, but my idea of including cornflakes along with that didn't work well. Hubby liked it a lot, but I didn't. Yours is a super duper hit idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Thanks dear.Well the idea was long pending since many months to execute.Finally I cud make what I thought of and it met my expectation.

      Delete

Post a Comment