Vermicelli Oats Idli

Super healthy and delicious breakfast could only be ours south indian beauty _Idli. I am fond of idlies.Moreso, it is so easy and fast that every third day it is in my breakfast.
I dont indulge in sambhar every other day so steamed, warm idli alongwith mint or green chutney is just enough to energise my morning with a cup of tea or milk.
Kids favourite too, idli are so common these days in school tiffin and I dont make those regular rice dal fermented ones often.I keep trying variations in taste and texture so that we dont get bored and also it remains healthy. Ingredients I always make sure are right and nutritive. Try to includes vegetables so that kids eat without fuss.
One fine morning I found little vermicelli in container , just not enough to satisfy our sweet urge so I included it in my idli theme. Lolz. It was not only tasty but a treat to our eyes. Beautiful indeed.






Vermicelli Oats Idli Recipe

Ingredients

1 cup oats powder (dry roasted)
1 cup vermcelli ( dry roasted)
1 tsp flax seeds powder (dry roasted) - optional
2 cup curd
2 tsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal 
1 tsp chana dal
1/4 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup frozen peas.
Eno 1/2 sachet or baking soda 1 tsp.

Method

In a bowl mix oats , vermicelli,flax seed powder n curd. 

In a pan put oil, when hot add mustard seeds,cumin seeds, chana dal, urad dal and veg. Saute n cook it for 2_3 mins.add salt.
Add this to the oats in bowl. 
Mix well.batter shudnot be runny nor thick. Add more curd if required.

Add eno or soda just before pouring to idli moulds. Mix well. 
Grease idli moulds. Pour it n steam for 7-10 mins on gas or micro on high for 4_5 mins. 
Your delicious healthy idli is ready !!
😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chana Dal Oats Dhokla

Chana Kebabs

Rice Appam Cake