Overnight Oats Weightloss Breakfast recipe


Big cities like Mumbai where life runs like a marathon race we hardly get time for ourselves. Most of the time either goes in travelling or in resting (after a tiring week). And in all of this suffers our health. Yes, we dont pay attention to our well being and result - obesity, body aches, weakness and other lifestyle diseases.
I realised my ignorance towards my health after I was hit by thyroid in my first pregnancy and since then I struggled hard to shed off the fats and weight I had put on. I had been more cautious now what I eat, When I eat and how much I eat. besides diet exercise plays the very important role in maintaining our weight. 

This recipe will be a saviour to those who are short of time in morning and needs a quick breakfast yet healthy. Starting your day with fruits, milk and oats. Wow ! Try this recipe, its tummy filling and you dont feel hungry till lunch. The choice of fruits is entirely yours. I used pomegranate seeds and oranges and they were sweet enough to avoid sugar in this recipe. you can use apple, pear, plums, bananas any seasonal fruit. Chia seeds are also known for its weight loss benefits. The recipe can do without it too so you can go ahead even if its not available. Nuts give that crunchiness to this recipe that you will love it !

Ever since I consulted a dietician I realised how much harm I did to my body during all these years. My struggle would not have been so long had I realised this earlier. 

There is no easy and quick way to lose those extra kilos. Its not a magic. You gained over a period of time, give time to loose too. 

I will share some food recipes (coming more) you can try if you aim to lose weight but remember nothing works if you are not working out. Even a 45 mins brisk walk twice a day for 5 days a week is enough. If not walk, you can take up any sports _ badminton, football, swimming or even dance helps ! Do whatever makes you happy and make sure you are moving your body ! 

Today I am sharing my Overnight Oats Weight loss breakfast recipe. Remember, Oats consumption should be max 1 cup in a day. Afterall, it also has carbs.We must know how much to consume what. Oats being a great weight loss option is mostly consumed in breakfast. Here we have combined curd to oats since some people gets stomach problem like loose motions etc and curd helps in neutralising that effect. So people who avoid oats due to its effect on motions can easily try this recipe. 

Overnight Oats Pudding 

To make one serving you need
4 tbsp rolled oats
2 tbsp yogurt
1 cup milk
1 tbsp dates puree ( You can use honey if dates puree is not available)
1 cup of fruits (could be  any of your choice) - I used pomegranate, orange, kiwi.
1/2 cup nuts - I used anjeer, raisins, walnuts.
1 tbsp sabja seeds or chia seeds whichever is available.

Method :

Warm milk a little. Add sabja or chia seeds and let it sit for 15 mins.

Now in a bowl take oats, add curd, milk and sabja/chia seeds. Mix and refridgerate overnight or keep in fridge for atleast 4-5 hours.

Keep fruits and nuts chopped and ready for assembling.

To assemble :

Take a serving cup or bowl. Place few orange segments on base. Pour half of oats mixture over it. Add tsp of dates puree or honey.

Sprinkle pomegranate seeds layer over it. Again add orange segments and kiwi pieces. Pour another layer of oats mixture. Add tsp of dates puree or honey.

Spread walnuts, raisins, and pour the remaining little oats mixture.

Garnish with a walnut, pomegranate seeds, orange segments and place one anjeer on top or cup/glass side.


Comments

  1. Yummy!! Love it..did I say beautiful presentation?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Instant choco kullfi

Red Energy Drink - Beetroot Pomegranate Apple Juice

Mango Frozen Yogurt